Friday, August 17, 2012

Other side of Piatra












This past Tuesday I saw the other side of Piatra.  Tuesday is the day that our social work staff goes out to the houses of those who need intervention of our services.  Since we happened to be near a local "muntii"  or mountain, we decided to climb it.  And we saw the other side of Piatra.  Of course, I am always up for horsing around.  But there below us was the Raut River once again.  Two social workers are picturedon the hike, Sergiu and Marianna.  And on the other side of the Raut River you can see our neighboring town, Pohorceni.  And in the distance you can catch site of Orhei.  I read that Orhei has a population of 125,000.  Wow.  Of course I was tagging along today and enjoyed this little side light of a hike down the mountain.  We even found a cave.  When we got to the bottom, I was ready for a rest.  Similar to the valley by my house in Jeloboc, there is a bridge for crossing the river.  Call me lucky, I dared to drink from well number 13.  Did you know Moldova is not far from Turkey.  No not that one.  Well the Raut River just keeps on flowing down the line.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, my palms get sweaty just looking at that photo of you crossing the bridge! Was bridge-building part of Peace Corps training? Great photo of you with the horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a little like The Adventures of Tom Sawyer or Huckelberry Finn,...instead ..The Adventures of Warren along the Raut River. Go back and find the gold!

    Warren, so very happy you are enjoying your stay, have fun and carry on!

    ReplyDelete