Sunday, June 3, 2012

On Leaving Wisconsin

Well it's finally come to this....leaving on a jet plane tomorrow.  After a week of exhausting work on moving out of my apartment, I am looking forward to taking 100 pounds of personal possessions to Moldova.  My final move was greatly helped by my son,Zachary, who came all the way from New Orleans just to help me get the job done.  On my last weekend in Wisconsin, I enjoyed a trip to the International Crane Foundation which is near Baraboo, WI  just north of Madison.  I enjoyed the ride up US 12 and all the graciousness of the Baraboo Hills.  I was helping take a group of Chineese visiting scholars from the UW to see these incredible birds of the world.  As they tried to make conversation with me in English, I thought of myself kind of in their shoes soon.  Someone will be hosting me in Moldova as I try to make conversation in Romanian.  In the evening, it was enjoying the Isthmus Jazz Festival on the shores of Lake Mendota at the Memorial Union Terrace.  What a great way to leave Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment