Thursday, May 9, 2013

Kentucky Derby Material









 
Get ready for a wild ride.  A recent Saturday was the Kentucky Derby and I was observing some real good local derby talent right here in Jeloboc.  Not often have I tried to upload a video on my blog so I hope you can see it and observe the frisky new colt.  The rest of my pictures today are a wild ride all over the place.  Our beautiful valley here where the Raut River flows so gently.  The village of Jeloboc snuggled into the valley setting from a hill top view.  A typical village house with fire wood readily available outside its green gate.  The work room in my house where the family prepares home made cheese called "brinza".  First the fresh milk is cooked to a high temperature in the glass jars you see to the right and then the congealed milk is put into draining sacks which you see center.  After gravity does its job, in 24 hours, you have brinza.  You can then refrigerate it and its like a dry cottage cheese.  Making brinza from goats milk can make an even tastier cheese.  Oh yes, the lilacs are in bloom.  And so are the apple trees.  Time to blow out the candles at a recent birthday party for a PCV in Bacioi.  That's located just outside Chisinau to the south.  My first adventure south of the capital.  American and Moldovan friends enjoying an outdoor barbecue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment